Thursday, May 12, 2011

Schumann's "Traumerei", played by Vladimir Horowitz

It's been a really long time since I heard music that literally stops the flow of time. If you can, take a couple of minutes (it's only 2 minutes and 29 seconds, and it's totally worth it; trust me...), stop what you are doing, sit down in a quiet space, and listen to this. It'll change your day.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend doing your practice to this music, though. It might bring up some powerful emotions, and you might injure yourself. Consider yourself warned.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nobel, I have been a Schumann fan for many years - and of course a Valdimir Horowitz fan as well, being a piano player myself. Anyway, I have added the complete Schumann composition from which your excerpt came; a bigger piece called "Scenes from a Childhood" - I hope you don't mind. It took me years to master this piece - but I was determined to do so due to the beauty and emotion of it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

    I've been off the radar for a while, but hope to be back blogging as soon as end of semester/year things calm down.

    With affection, Cathrine


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxz2UfCYtQk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathrine,
    good to hear from you! Thanks for the link to the complete Schumann composition; I'll check it out. I didn't know you play the piano, that's really neat.

    Look forward to hearing more about your life and adventures in Lakewood :-)

    ReplyDelete