Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My humble entry for the YJ Talent Search

I see that the YJ Talent Search has been attracting a lot of attention in the yoga community. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know; I could launch into a neo-Marxist critique of the whole enterprise, but I just don't have the energy for it (it's a little late in the day).

Instead, I'll try to say something interesting about it, something that relates to myself. I did not submit my picture. Why? Because if I did, my profile would look something like this:

[No Picture; there is simply no one posture that can do justice to the immense energy that is emanating from my every pore at every second]

Nobel Ang
Style: Proto-Ashtanga (see Years Practicing for more details)
Teacher: Patanjali
Years Practicing: 999 and counting (I am actually a thousand-year-old Himalayan yogi who has assumed the corporeal form of a Chinese guy).
Inspired by: Everything and Nothing.

Well, now you know why I didn't enter the contest. I would so have blown the competition out of the water, it would not even be funny.

5 comments:

  1. yeah, nobody would have had a chacne, you would have been declared the winner instantly!!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shield my eyes because of your glaring awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claudia and Chris, mhahahahaha [evil kungfu master laugh]...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great one, I bow down in your awesomeness :p

    ReplyDelete